Monday, January 7, 2013

Let's get Physical!

Good afternoon does and bucks! How are the my fellow Whole30 challengers doin? Well, I'll be the first to say...I had to start over...My brother's birthday was on the 4th and I took one look at the funfetti cake and shovelled as much as I could at one time, without chokin', into my mouth. While it was delicious on my tastebuds, I felt like a pregnant cow by the end of that piece of cake. Lesson learned, and we're back on track with day three of Whole30!
Yesterday momma, daddy, and I spent all afternoon in the kitchen cooking snacks and meals for the weeks ahead. You'll find some of the recipes on Christan's blog. Plus she's a lot better at keeping the blogposts comin' every day, and she is beast mode in the Whole30 challenge, VERY inspirational.
As school starts to get closer, and my cold starts to dissipate...finally...I'm beginning to think about working out again, and how good its going to feel to blast my legs with an intense workout and really work my arms. I love the weights, and the heavier they are the more I love them, but that doesn't mean I can blast out 12 reps of 400lbs on the leg press. Although that would be quite impressive for my size! When I lift weights I feel like I'm really pushing myself and doing something for myself.
I hate cardio, if I'm gonna do any cardio I'm gonna do the stair stepper, or run stationary stairs. I used to run miles when I was younger, I was 15 when I first started running and I could just run til I ran off the edge of the world! I would love to start again, but I have really got to get my knees up to par for that, and I definitely don't stretch like I should. Cardinal sin of exercising, and the most shameful reason for injury, everyone just looks at you like, "you idiot, you should always stretch before exercise..".
I just like to get to the nitty gritty of the workout as soon as possible. I remember at summer conference for RUF one year, Georgia Southern's(Hail Southern! This is the college I'm at, and my hometown!) RUF group decided we were gonna workout on the beach, and we had a friend and fellow RUFer, David Purser (coolest and most dedicated guy you'll meet) that is a personal trainer at the universities gym, with us. Well the big thing then, and still now, was crossfit; we decided crossfit in the sand? Bring it on! I think all but two of us threw up, and several lay limp on the ground for a good while after the workout. Crossfit in the sand kicked our southern sass', but it was just the nitty gritty I was lookin for to get me motivated to continue crossfit workouts. My favorite by far and the tire flip. Mainly because it's this huge tractor tire that ways more than two of me! And the guys no longer add "for a girl" at the end of, "wow she's strong." I definitely feel like a badass, thanks to David for pushing me to show him and myself that I CAN keep up with the big guys...most of the time!
I hope ya'll are already pumping out your exercises, whether it be running, weights, yoga, swimming or whatever you do to get moving!
Let me know of any questions about, or topics you would like to hear about!
Have a great and blessed day ya'll!
Gracie
That girl in the picture makes me wanna kick some ass!

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting my tush in the gym today! Back to my lovies, the weight plates. Ive been wanting to try crossfit, but it's expensive up here. Plus I'd wanna crawl inside the tire and roll down a hill rather than flip it end over end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be the only way I could do it, crawl inside and roll! I'd probably throw up at the end of that ride, too. :-p

    ReplyDelete