Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crossfit and I know it

Good afternoon belles and beaus!
I don't know about you but my cravin's for candy just don't stop. I don't even like the pretzel m&ms, and today I had to pry myself from the gift totes I bought for my littles that had those m&ms in them. To curb my cravings I make some hot tea, or fill my water bottle, or hit the gym hard to forget about them. Just recently the RAC (gsu's gym) invested in some sandbags for the weights room, and if you're obsessed with crossfit like I am, you know how excited I got.
Obviously you may not have tractor tires or kegs or the weights to do some workouts, but if you wanna kick your booty in one of the fastest and best ways I know how you could try this workout: 10!
Squats, jump pull ups, and pushup
  Let me get that keg for you
Go down into a low squat, as you're coming up jump for the pull up bar and lift your chin to or above the bar, when you release and come back down go straight into a push up. It's very similar to a burpee, but variated. The 10! This means for this you will do 10 reps of the exercise(s), then 9, then 8, then 7, then 6...all the way until to get to 1, which would be your last rep. (10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1). (The exclamation after the number is called a “factoid”, from your high school math days.)
This is not an easy exercise and if you are going to do it, make sure you have plenty of water and you have a partner to count and be able to get help if anything should go wrong. Try not to take ANY breaks inbetween sets and always bring your best, working slow if you have to, but remember don't stop til the last rep!
That's really all I have to say today guys, I know it's not like any of my other posts but I wanna go to the gym now!
I hope you enjoy the post, and keep yourselves safe when trying new workouts!
BLESSINGS!



3 comments:

  1. I have a question for you: What is a burpee? The only burpee I'm familiar with is the seed company and it just doesn't fit this context!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://youtu.be/21dvQyNiTjM
    Aunt debbie this is a link to what a burpee looks like! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (If I were to try it, they'd have to call it a 'fartee'! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!)

    ReplyDelete