Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New Beginnings and Sweet Tea

I really should be studying for my final tomorrow, but sometimes you just need a break ya know. Granted this one has been a two hour break, in which I struggled, but sucessfully made my first blog! The semester is over, soon we'll be starting another and with this upcoming spring semester in the lovely Statesboro there are some changes that will be happening. First and foremost, I just became an aunt for the first time, to a beautiful baby girl, Millee Alana Quattlebaum (I won't be posting pictures for now but soon!). Second, my second oldest brother (4 years older than I) just returned from his deployment in afghanistan, and it was a joyful, tearful, full of blessings and praises to God reunion. Already some big new beginnings happening!
This next semester though comes with one of my best friends doing a long dreamed for internship in Haiti at an orphanage, and I know with her spirit she will bring light and life into those children's worlds, not only from herself but from the Gospel she preaches daily in her words and actions. She has been such a strong force in my life and I can't wait for her to impact others in places far from where the Gospel comes free. Many graduating friends and a whole new generation to RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) that we get to spend time with and be impacts in their lives from our experiences in college as well. Always the making of new friends and watching peoples lives grow and branch out from college to "the real world". I feel like there is so much more that I can't think of and I know there is so much more that I don't know of yet but that's the wonderful thing about life. It only gets better from here, no matter what I come to face, and I know that there will be and are things right now that are too much or too hard for me to carry right now and I trust my Father to carry them for me.

So bring on the new challenges and excitement, the struggles and growth, I'll be right here with a Bible and some sweet tea, loving and living life with some class and a whole lot of sass.
Blessings Ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment